2 c pressed rice flakes (poha)
- In a large bowl, combine coconut milk, fruit puree, rice milk, vanilla, and brown rice syrup, and whisk together until well mix. Add rice flakes, stir to coat evenly with liquid, and let soak for 20-30 minutes, until rice flakes are softened but not mushy.
- Preheat oven to 350* and prepare baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom powder, and salt. Add coconut and whisk again until well mixed.
- Put water on to boil.
- Add dry ingredients to soaked rice flakes mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Dissolve agar agar in 3 Tblsp of boiling water, then add to dough mixture, stirring until just evenly mixed.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop dough onto baking sheets, then flatten lightly with a fork. Bake in oven for 20-23 minutes until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5-10 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to rack to finish cooling.
- If you want to dip in carob/chocolate, melt down chocolate/carob chips, or make a fresh batch of the homemade carob chips. Dip completely cooled cookie in the melted down chocolate/carob and cool on cooling rack, or place in fridge to cool more quickly. Once chocolate/carob has cooled to solid, serve 'em up!