Like the new logo? Ricki and I sure do. We thought it was time for an update, something a little more playful and fun to fit the spirit of the challenge.
January's Sweet or Savory Kitchen Challenge was an exciting one, featuring none other than coconut oil. Health promoting and versatile, coconut oil is perfect for everyday use, functioning equally well in everything from raw desserts to savory curries. You exhibited your love for coconut oil in full force, presenting a wide array of delicious looking recipes. Every recipe in the roundup looked delectable - even the Coconut Oil Body Lotion from The Mommy Bowl looked good enough to eat! That said, we want to highlight a handful of recipes that particularly caught our eyes...
- Raw Almond Fudge Bars from A Dash of Compassion
- Chocolate Ginger Coconut Cream Bars from Open-Ended Question
- Strawberry Tartlets from Crazy, Coco & Nuts
- Maple Sweetened Caramel Corn from She Let Them Eat Cake
- No Bake Granola Crispy Treat Bars from MAID in Alaska
- Thai Coconut Croutons from Vegan Culinary Crusade
- Ginger and Garlic Granola from Vegan Culinary Crusade
- Coconut Red Curry Roasted Vegetables from Swell Vegan
- Gingery Eggplant and Edamame Stew from Cara's Cravings (I'd love to try making this recipe soy-free , using frozen baby lima beans instead of edamame)
- Vegan Island Chili from Busy Momma
Be sure to check out all the great recipes in the Linky for delicious, creative, and health-conscious ways to incorporate coconut oil in your diet. Speaking of coconut oil, January's challenge featured a great giveaway for one lucky cook: a 32-oz jar of Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil from Tropical Traditions. We randomly picked a winner from all the submissions and qualifying comments.
The winner of the coconut oil giveaway is...
VeganLisa from Vegan Culinary Crusade
Congratulations! Please contact us at email@example.com with your shipping information.
A big thank you to everyone who participated, you continue to impress us with your creativity and raise the bar with every challenge. Soon we're announcing the February SOS Kitchen Challenge ingredient (and another giveaway) so get your aprons washed, your measuring cups poised for action, and stay tuned for the details!
January 2011 SOS Kitchen Challenge: Coconut Oil