Thanks to everyone who submitted a recipe using stevia for February's SOS Kitchen Challenge! As always, we received a stellar collection of recipes! And I want to extend personal thanks to Ricki for hosting this month's challenge - I kind of dropped off the face of the map on this challenge, and I apologize for my lack of enthusiastic comments on your amazing submissions!
Here's the "Sweet"
Ricki and I were blown away by the creativity in the "sweet" section of the event this past month. While I have added every single recipe to my "to try" list, some that stood out as particularly enticing were
- Rachel's (mostly) Raw Chocolate Tart
- Katie's Banana Muffnuts (how could you resist a treat with a name like that?)
- Jennifer and Jaclyn's Sunbutter Chocolate Bars
- Natalie's Semlor (sweet coconut biscuits stuffed with coconut cream)
- Valerie's Chocolate Curry Bites
And I must also give honorable mention to two posts on panna cotta! We also had a submission from reader Jess, who made Ricki's Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles for her sweetie on Valentine's Day.
And now, for the "Savory". . . .
Um. . . well, er. . . what the--HUH??
It appears that the only savory recipe in the list was Ricki's Crunchy Green Salad! I guess most people consider stevia a "sweet-only" ingredient, but if you think about all the savory recipes made with a dash of sugar or honey, you'll begin to understand the wide range of recipes that can include stevia. I hope you'll try out some savory variations in the future!
And the Winners!
Whether sweet or savory, four recipes were still chosen at random to win our four prizes: a box of 50 packets of NuNaturals stevia powder and a 2-ounce bottle of NuNaturals Vanilla flavored stevia liquid each. Many thanks to NuNaturals for generously providing these prizes! And the winners are
- Cara, with her Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies
- Alex, with her Raw Superfood Chocolate
- Rachel, with her Meyer Lemon Polenta Slices
- Kris, with her Vanilla Carob Milkshake
Congratulations, everyone! Please send us an email at soskitchenchallengeATgmailDOTcom with your mailing address, and we'll be sure that you get your stevia prize asap!